The System Advisor Model (SAM) is a performance and financial model designed to facilitate decision making for people involved in the renewable energy industry.
The current version of the SAM includes performance models for the following technologies:
- Photovoltaic systems (flat-plate and concentrating)
- Parabolic trough concentrating solar power systems
- Power tower concentrating solar power systems (molten salt and direct steam)
- Linear Fresnel concentrating solar power systems
- Dish-Stirling concentrating solar power systems
- Conventional fossil-fuel thermal systems
- Solar water heating for residential or commercial buildings
- Large and small wind power projects
- Geothermal power and geothermal co-production
- Biomass power
SWERA solar products provide information on the solar resource at a specific location that is available for use by solar technologies.
A United Nations Environment Programme facilitated effort.
Green Power Labs' innovative site assessment tool, SolarRating Online will determine your home's suitability for use of solar technology.