CanSolAir's Solar Max system is turning out to be a much easier, and more economic way to harness the sun's heat energy than solar photovoltaic energy. Photovoltaic solar cells are only about 20% efficient.
We all know the sun gives off heat, so solar thermal energy is simply harnessing that heat via collectors like the Solar Max 240 and using it to heat your home, office, farm, industrial complex, and even water by connecting the Solar Max to a CanSolAir hydronics system.
Solar thermal energy actually holds the largest potential as far as electrical production goes. Some of the largest electrical plants currently in the United States — for that matter, in the world — is created by solar thermal energy, as opposed to by photovoltaic cells.
Thermal Solar Energy Facts
- According to Schott, a German-Based solar manufacturer, Solar Thermal energy costs about 15 cents per Kilo-watt hour. That is only about 5 cents more per kilowatt than conventional solar energy typically costs.
- The efficiency of solar thermal electrical plants increases the more concentrated the heat is.
- Solar thermal power plants typically use either parabolic systems to collect heat, or a mirror array to concentrate the power on a main power
- Concentrated solar energy (CSE) power plants are more efficient, however the costs of creating tracking systems for the solar panel arrays are also more expensive. Plus, material must be used that can handle temperatures above 800 degrees Celsius.
Facts About Home Solar Energy Systems
- More than 10,000 homes in the United States have solar energy installed. Many are CanSolAir Solar Max systems.
- Solar panels cost about $3-4 per watt for a grid-tied system. Stand-alone systems with full battery backups are considerably more. Complete grid-tie kits (with the required inverter!) can be purchased from retailers such as Amazon and Sams Club at about $4 per watt.
- Solar panels typically increase the value of your home. Currently, homes in Southern California that have solar panels installed currently have an increased home value of approximately $5.50 per watt of solar energy. That means that a solar panel system that costs $20,000 to install could bring a return $30,000+ (for a 5 Kilowatt system).
- There are many provincial government and state programs that provide incentives and reimbursements for installing solar panels.
- Depending where you live, you may need more solar panels to account for shorter days and less sun. See our Full Solar Report for more calculations on solar concentrations
Facts About Current US Energy Usage
Where The United State's Energy Comes From
- 8% of all energy usage in the United States is created by alternative energy.
- Solar energy only accounts for 0.2% of that.
- Nuclear Electric Power – 9%
- Coal Power – 21%
- Natural Gas – 25%
- Petroleum – 37%
Solar Thermal Energy For Your Home
CanSolAir Solar Max thermal energy is playing an increasingly larger roll in environmentally friendly home design.
This map gives you an average number of hours per day that you can expect to experience usable sunlight.
Contact us for a free CanSolAir evaluation of your location and your nearest CanSolAir dealers